So Why the Heavy Heart?

I have been on such a high that having a low day (or two) seemed inevitable. I thought a good long bath and a book would help. With a lot of help from my husband that was made possible. Then an unexpected early bedtime; I thought when I woke up I would be golden.

I went to the ENT Doc hopeful that there would be some easy answer to why I cant sing anymore to my sweet baby girl and why my throat feels like someone has a tight grasp on it.

What I already knew. But was hoping he would just explain away. is true. I have GERD.

Basically acid from my stomach has burned the $h!t out of my vocal chords and esophagus and that is the reasoning for my throat pain and voice changes.

This makes me depressed.

Take 40 mg of this twice a day. Dont eat three hours before bed time. Sleep elevated. No caffeine or alcohol. No fried or fatty foods. Loose weight. See me in six months...

SIX MONTHS?!?!?!?! WTH?

Is GERD the end of the world?

NO.

Are these ridiculous changes that have to be made?

NO.

Are these changes that I am basically already set to make?

YES.

So why the heavy heart?

....

I do have one thing to celebrate! Day 18

Comments