There are NO Cats in America!

My daughter has been in love with the movie An American Tale. Thanks to her Uncle Ian
(my littlest brother...)

You know the story about the little mouse whose family moves to America because it promises a better quality of life.

How appropriate.

What I have been chewing on is how when they get to America things AREN'T actually better.

Dont take this the wrong way.

I am just simply analyzing people's ability to always obsess about the grass being greener on the other side.

(and attempting to keep mine in check)

Because that is exactly what I do..... Dream of bigger and better!

Something I inherited from my Dad.

Life is going to be different. There is culture shock to keep in mind, jobs to find, schools to check out, furniture to buy...Life has to be sorted.

But life is life. No matter where you are. There are obstacles here that I have already mastered the art of overcoming. This will be a new adventure that will keep all my senses tantalized.

and.. well in the words of that weird bird Lumier on the movie...

'Never say Never'

Life may actually be better ;) A girl can dream!

Comments

  1. But there's a Pepsi in the fridge in Lebanon
    And the streets are paved with nookies.
    Oh there's a Pepsi in the fridge in Lebanon
    So set your mind at ease ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment