Not JUST Sick...

I've got a gawd-awful case of travelers stomach, dehydration, and heat-exhaustion.

Yes, I was drinking bottled water.

Gallons of it.

There is nothing worse than puking and sweating your eyes out, shivering because you are so hot? Aching so much it hurts to just flex your ankles, all this at 29 wrapped in the fetal position at 2am on the bathroom floor (because the tile feels good on my sweaty cheeks) crying because you just want your mom.

Thats how you know you've got it bad.

Am I painting a colorful enough portrait for you? Well, people wanted honest. That's international travel for you :)~

I've got medication and Gatorade now so after the worst of it I am on the up swing. I've never gotten it so bad.

On the plus side I got it early so I'm being extra careful with my precious Miss B. Water isn't enough, you need popsicles and gatorade OH- and a wet washcloth. (Thanks Mom - I figured I resisted you long enough)

There is no amount of careful when it comes to Lebanon and food. It is all just so. damned. delicious.

Falafel.
Foul.
Hummus.
Fatoush.
Nutella sandwiches - OMG.
Pepsi - made with real sugar. No high fructose corn syrup here. Just good. honest. sugar! I love it!
Potatoes... Deep fried cubes tossed with garlic and cilantro. Or mixed with turmeric. Holy delicious!

And sweating your ass off has its perks in terms of water weight loss. All I've been doing is sweating and eating and I look great! After a shower of course :)

Food sounds good again so I must be better.

That's where I'm at! Until next time!

Comments