Newxiety

I'm getting ready to leave Lebanon and go back to the place that is supposed to feel like home.

I can't make up my mind. I have a lot of anxiety today.
 
When I was there I didn't want to leave, but I'm having the same emotion when faced with the reality that I have to leave Lebanon and go back. 

It may be because I let Little Narch skip her nap. What was I thinking?!

Part of me thinks that now with the traveling over and the realness setting in I'm getting a little 'homesick'. 

Sure I miss my family and friends but what I miss even more is that feeling you have when your home. 

I can't describe it. I didn't even know it existed until now. But when you're in places where every corner you turn is new and nothing seems familiar even though you've been there for weeks... I call it newxiety. 

I think the experts call it culture shock :/ 

In case you were wondering, it's real folks. I know I had my doubts.

Don't worry about me. I'm doing just fine. I'm taking note of all my new emotions and keeping good track of where I've been, am and am going. I'm also surrounded by great people.

And 'Good 'ol Papa Narch' will be in Dubai for Christmas ;)

Just in time.

I'm jonsing for a kombucha ;) and some quality time with my Dad!



 

Comments