I'm 30!?

I am not afraid of getting older.  I actually like it. And... well, I plan on living a very long time so, really, I'm still in the infancy of my life.

I like myself more the older I am. I know what I want. I know how to be happy. I am living my true adventure.

Things are good in Narchville. (Especially now that I have some space to upload pictures!)

My friends came in and it just so happened to coincide with my birthday. John and Kevin were here for the weekend,



and Ashley showed up the day before our get away.  (Pictured later)

We piled in the car and drove to Fujairah, this was the view from our room.



If you are from Minnesota, the best way to describe it, without actually describing it at all, is it's like driving to Duluth. Life is simpler there, its more country side, outdoorsy fun. It's probably one of my favorite weekend activities/getaways.

I have found a love for snorkeling despite my squeemish fear of fish.



At this point I was being goofy because it was my defense mechanism for how terrified I was of running into a Black Tip Reef Shark for reasons that only a lady would be afraid of.... ahem......if you get my drift!

I didn't see one, but I am just illustrating, this is a real #$%$@# shark. I had reason to be scared!


In the end I had nothing to fear. Ashley and I had such an amazing time that we lost track of it...


At this point I was like "EEEEEEW PLEASE DON'T TOUCH ME PLEASE DON'T TOUCH ME'. I am happy to report I settled down after a while.

When we took all the pictures we were on the wrong side of the rock, when we swam to the other side, there were thousands of fish and we saw a SEA TURTLE!










It was a great way to end a decade!

Comments

  1. YAY!!!! Oh my gosh I miss you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally cool you have found a wonderful activity. Water is such an amazing element to play in, I love being on the lake and you have some amazing creatures you got to see ;-) Love seeing you underwater swimming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I <3 the "driving to Duluth" analogy, haha. I am from South Dakota, so I'm guessing it's a little like "driving to the Hills" for us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment