First Day of KG1

Is there some sort of patch or club that I am inducted into for surviving the first day of school?  'Cause we did it!

She woke up a beam of sunshine ready to tackle her new chart!


I made the rookie mistake of letting her watch cartoons while she ate her nectarine and eggs. It took her 40 min to finish breakfast. I think we will skip the cartoons tomorrow. 


She got right to business after that and got herself all ready. 


She normally likes one TIGHT pony tail. 

Today she said "Mom, I want to try something different. How about TWO pony tails. Make 'em TIGHT!"


Of course I obliged!

Her energy just lit up the room. She looked great!



It takes longer than I thought to get out the door, down the elevator and out of the parking garage. So an adjustment of our time table in in order. 



 We parked a bit away to avoid this... and we were a few minutes late.. Oops.



 We made it! Joelle was thrilled!
(We were not the only ones late.)


A little too thrilled to pose for pictures.



It was utter chaos. Kids crying. Parents everywhere. Toys everywhere. 

We found Joelle's cubby and her lunch box didn't fit :)~


Then she went back to playing. 



While Firas and I watched her in awe.....reluctantly we left.  (We DID stay about an hour and a half)


We marveled on the way to Firas' work about her strength and self confidence.

Put simply, we have an amazing child.

I wasn't worried about HER after we left. It was so chaotic that I feared it wouldn't calm down and the kids that were fine with being at school would be left to fend for themselves because the teachers were so wrapped up in dealing with ten plus crying, screaming children. It was nothing like I have ever experienced. The whole KG1 section was so loud.

Together we decided that I would stop back at noon, check in and see how the class looked. We would pick her up early to keep everything successful.

When I got back at 1:00 (dang traffic) the class was much more calm (and small). Maybe they separated the kids not adjusting well, or their parents picked them up.

Regardless..... MY girl? Was JUST fine.

The teacher complimented her behavior. THEN told me that I couldn't send this and this and this with her in her lunch.

(Side Bar: I packed a damn good lunch people. Balanced. Cute. I was bummed. I put more energy into that lunch than any parent in that school.)

I panicked thinking she was starving and thirsty. I was then told to go wait in the office.

Where I was greeted with.....


My GIRL! All in one piece. 

And I can breathe again...

Comments