When my Husbands Away...

When I moved to Dubai my creativity was stifled a bit because I had no clue where to get supplies. 

With Firas out of town, I have had the car and been tearin' up the town visiting teacher supply stores and craft supply places. I've got an itch up my sleeve for a DIY project. 

I had these tins sitting around that were begging to be turned into something. Plus I needed something to keep my mind off of the fact that The Mayor would be gone all week.




Spray painting in 105 degree weather with a 4 year old and a 4 month old? 

Yeah, I have had better ideas! 

I redirected her while I finished up the hard and dangerous work....


The tins turned out nice! I just used some of that fancy duct tape for the ribbon around the middle and top.

We need some fun organization for our 'classroom'. I think these pencil, marker, scissor cups will keep things slightly more organized than a huge mixed up bin.

This guy..
We are focusing on math and reading this summer. You heard it. I am not going to stop learning over the summer, however, I am not going all out organized school days and curriculum. I'll save that for September. 

This was a starter lesson in reading dice and a continuation of tallies. Tallying seems like such an easy concept but it is hard to switch the way that you count.


She rolled the di and tallied what numbers she got. Then when she was sick of it we counted up the tallies.


Most of his pictures are of him in this jumper. I swear he isn't in it all day.

The Pirate kept himself busy in his little activity jumper. Which he loves.

We had a chat with The Mayor. It is very hard on Little Narch when he is away and chatting takes off the edge. 


Firas will be home not a moment too soon.


Comments