People are MY Addiction

Everything I do now has additional meaning.

It may be the last time I go here.          I may never eat this again.

Why am I being so dramatic? This isn't the last time I will do any of these things or see any of you.

One thing I have noticed about myself is how sensitive I have become.  The littlest things send me into hyper awareness.

Mostly? I feel overwhelming love for 'my people'.

Interaction with people I havent seen for a really long time get me thinking. Interactions with those I see all the time and some that I just meet have me pondering life's bigger meaning. Im just thinking about people all the time.

(Thank god I am no longer obsessing about stuff.  Sheeesh how shallow!?!?)

It makes me sad when people shun Facebook. I used to think not having a Facebook was a sophisticated status. Being 'above' it.

I once even toyed with doing away with mine. But why?

It is one of thee greatest tools I have to stay in contact with people.

Sure it's a little self indulgent, addictive and sometimes superficial but it is contact to people nonetheless.

So, don't fret. I wont be doing away with Facebook.

What I will attempt to do is be more authentic on Facebook. Real talking... on Facebook.

Now THERE is an idea!

Comments

  1. good idea! I'm trying to stay away from FB more just to keep from comparing myself to other women. talk about shallow and hidden insecurities! But I'm like you, it's such an amazing way to keep up with people. I'm not as far from home as you're going to be, but miles are miles and FB helps.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment