Dear Dad,

The rainbow of feelings I am faced with when I look at my emotions revolving not being in your direct vicinity is soooo Gemini.

On one hand, I know everything will be fine. Our father daughter relationship has had years of dedication and growth. The force of our bond is epic.

On the other hand, my heart is breaking. It's really quite simple. I'm going to miss you so intensely that I'm trying not to think about it because it may stiffle my ability to budge.

There is the incredible guilt I feel for moving Juju so far away. I know how long you have waited to be a Papa. She loves you so much and I've no doubt that this bond will remain strong. You are a corner stone of her life that will be hard to forget.

I'm focusing on my weekly FaceTime calls and your impending visit in December. Excited to process the growth that I'm about to face in my new adventure.

Hug me as often as you can Dad, so that when all I need is your hug and your not there I can try and manifest the feeling of your embrace.

Namaste Papa!

Comments

  1. Marlo,
    How do I say goodbye to a daughter?
    You take your wonder, beauty, creativity, sweetness, laughter and joy with you and the baby JuJu Bee too.
    What can I say to that?
    I say, "Go! You have a full and abundant life; I will support you as I can.
    You are an intact, fully functioning, intelligent,  strong, creative, emotionally functional, self-motivated, genius woman-child of my own blood and you make me proud to be your Dad. I will take my desire, grief and self pity and turn it into plane tickets. I will become an adventurer too. Until then, I will hug you while you are here and then cry until I am done.
    Go be alive and free and traveled and experienced and amazed and expanded and joyful. Go be you. 
    Joèlle needs to see you do it.
    So she can do it too.
    And tell her the stories about the family here so she remembers all of who she is.
    Sometimes it is difficult when we are transformed.
    But such is the circle of life.
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s a life story started with our grand father and mother, Adam and Eve when they was separated from the only one they know ( GOD ).
    And the story continues between brothers, sisters and parents.
    Did Adam and Eve forget God? No.
    Its God wisdom that he wanted to see what he created is depending on themselves and each other instead of living with him in his paradise.
    I wish them all the luck and successes in their new adventure in their new life far away in other continent.
    We are living in smaller world then before because of technologies.
    Malek

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment