Dear Alecia,

We have been separated by life's circumstances for some time. I am used to living far away from you.

I am hoping that our trips home can somehow coordinate or certain side trips can be made!

I am glad that in our search for strong female role-models we molded ourselves into great ones, and that our relationship can stand the test of time and life's circumstances to show your sister and my daughter what great girlfriends can/should be like.

Your drive and dedication to your life's path is second to none. It is heartwarming to see you on the tail end of one LONG amazing journey. I am also excited to see you enjoy life after Alecia B. PhD ..... or shall I call you Dr. Alecia?

That's what lives are... a never-ending journey. One that you have the power to change the course of any time you'd like if/when it is no longer working the way you wanted.

Thanks for showing me that you can still get what you want even when the course changes...

AND for being desperate for a sister right along with me at age 7 and screaming out 'SISTER' with me in the fabric store as loud as we could so that the world would know:

We were not JUST cousins... but something much MUCH more...

I love you dearly.

Marlo

Comments