Dear Mel,

I like to think of you as my impromptu friend...Our friendship wasn't forced or planned...it was just meant to be... and it happened.

I like the irony of it because nothing you do happens that way.

I have no clue what to say. Frankly it just brings me to a blubbery teary mess and I have to stop typing and pull it together.

Thanks for showing me what a good mother looked like.
Thanks for always being strong in the face of complete disaster....and for trusting me enough to lean on me in the face of said disaster(s).
Thanks for inspiring my creativity.Thanks for wearing the god awfully huge pajamas that I made you for your double mastectomy. (We never did fix them. but you will have my sewing machine now so...)
Thanks for letting me be there when Nico was born and trusting me to be with him in his first moments of life.

I guess I could list things all day. Mostly, just thanks for always being my friend.I think about you everyday. Honestly. You are....branded into my thoughts.

Your friendship means everything to me and I can't imagine a country without you in it.

Love,
Marlo

 PS Can we PLEASE try and get a good picture of us. For cripes sake!

Comments