Pool Party. Christmas. My Place.

As a true Minnesotan (born and raised) I am no wuss to freezing cold temperatures. I am the first to put on my shorts when the sun is shining and the snow is melting. I have even jumped into Lake Superior on a 72F degree day with ice bergs still floating in the marina.

I am also one of the last to give into the wool jacket.

Extreme Cold.... No problem!

When it comes to extreme heat? I guess my core temperature is just too cold and I am just short of wuss when it comes to extreme heat.

Dont get me wrong, I LOVE the heat! Every Minnesotan does. It's the heat of summer that gets me through the winter.

I soak up the vitamin d, get sunburnt at the state fair (b/c I am what you call classic ivory) and crowd Lake Calhoun on a nice day for a run.

But let's not kid ourselves here...

I crank that AC and pile on the blankets at night. It's how I sleep for 9 months out of the year. I can't just change that?

So lately, I have been trying heat out!

I love heat! I love the way it feels on my skin. I like tan. I like water. Swimming as a possibility year round is very thrilling.

Which got me to thinking....

Pool Party. Christmas. My Place!

Comments

  1. My eyes are teared up thinking about that day we jumped into the lake with ice, it amazes me the girl who used to say she couldnt do with her athesma and to see all that you have and will do and over come the fear of athesma getting in your way. So MANY MEMORIES that I hold close and touch often just to keep myself knowing I have a friend I always counted on even when are paths dont cross as much anymore. I was so blessed and yet felt privlidged to have you and your amazing daughter in my wedding. I will be needing your address to send you a picture of you me and juju at the wedding to always keep them memories close. You have always inspired me to grow and keep myself growing and I will cintinue as you will experiance a life not many get to. I think that of any person in this world you are one who not only embraces life and all it has but makes HER DREAMS A REALITY.. I love you Marlo and will miss you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment