Progress and Filler

My husband has finally heard from Dubai.

He is leaving the first week of September. Hopefully once he is there it will only take about two weeks for J and my visa to be approved. I am manifesting a speedy process as I would prefer our family stay apart as little time as possible. It's easier on all of us!

That being said. I still have lots of family fun time in Lebanon & lots of time to fill.

Yesterday I made a fresh batch of focaccia from scratch. I used the rosemary from the tree downstairs.

MAN! Do I miss my KitchenAid! I roughed it and hand kneaded it. It took up a significant amount of time and it was delicious! We ate it before I took a picture.... oops!

This morning J and I sat on the balcony and soaked up the breeze and sun. 86F and breezy - the temperature has risin since the AM so I am glad that we did that.


What lovely food did YOU make this week!


Comments

  1. Psh, not homemade foccacia! Love your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a FABULOUS spaghetti sauce using tomatoes & basil from my garden. Did I mention it was fabulous? Because it simply was :D A great simple bread you could make for falafel (it's what Keith & I do sometimes instead of pita bread) is Naan. It's super fast to cook, poofy, and very few ingredients. Win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made an awesome juice smoothie.
    I had two kinds of peaches... one hard and the other soft.
    Mango
    Valencia Oranges
    Frozen Blueberries and Strawberries
    I juiced the hard peaches and oranges and used that juice as the liquid for the Blended fruits:
    soft peaches
    mango
    frozen blueberries
    frozen strawberries
    just a few ice cubes
    Man was this smoothie yummy!

    I am impressed you kneaded that dough without your Kitchen Aide Mixer.
    I never made much bread until I got my mixer ;-)
    You know my mother use to knead her own bread.
    She said it was a good way to get out frustration when she felt something needed to be spanked. I never understood until later how much bread was my savior because my momma didn't spanked me but she made a lot of bread ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment