Redecorating Narchville

I am not exactly sure what my style is....

I like clean and simple lines. No frills. 

I like livable. Comfortable. 

Honestly... I have never lived in a home that I truly decorated from start to finish. My house in the Minnesota was .... we will call it 'lived in' :)

I feel as though that chapter of my life is resolved. The person that I really am is very organized and detail oriented. 

She is also lucky enough to have a husband with similar tastes... Not always the similar ideas.. lol. but similar taste.

So we have raided a few furniture stores and have done the IKEA trip twice now and we have a decent start. 

Starting with nothing, albiet stressful and expensive, really is the way to go. I also wouldn't say that we have spent THAT much money. We dont have nearly everything but we are living comfortably. 

Here are some pics of where we are currently... 

(Pics from my ipad :/ I had to jimmy rig the pics on this post bc my computer is acting up)


My new kitchen cart.  When I cook I am all over the place and I dont have enough counter space. This isn't exactly the style I had pictured.. But I really like the size and now that it's here I think it works perfectly.... I will be adding some matching glass door cupboards for dishes and glasses since cubboard space is valuable and scarce in this apartment :)


We like dragonflies. Not sure why but they have been a reoccurring theme in some of our most favorite items, when we saw these we had to splurge. This picture does them no justice. They are the most sparkly happy little vases and they are mine!


Some ambiance ;) and feel good apple cinnamon smell. We are in the land of a thousand different smells and well, I'll just say 24 hour smell nice candles are a necessity. I'm not saying our apartment stinks, quite the contrary, our apartment smells like home!


These little Ikea baskets are HUGE and they fit a LOT of stuff. They look awesome too! 

Dora is arabic is awesome!
This gives you a better idea of the whole entertainment center. We wanted to get lighting for the shelves but aren't sure what will be on the other two shelves so decided to wait.


Pillows and a green throw for our couch. Still not sure if this couch is staying in this room or going into the kid and guest room. But I love turquoise and matching just isn't my personality. 


I was washing the duvet so this is it all wet and wrinkly but it gives the idea. Turquoise again. My feel good color. We have a comforter set (Thank you Samah)... but we need two anyways right?!? 

We still need to buy basically all the kitchen stuff (blender, dishes, more pots and pans, knives ect). I did buy an electric tea pot.


It's sort of ridiculous how much I love this little thing. I find reasons to boil water in it.

I was tired of plastic cutlery so we picked up a set of silverware...


Since I have two drawers this is the way they dry... and are stored. Why Not?!


That's it... I was realizing the other day that Life feels really normal here.  There is laundry to do, forts to build and hair to braid...


My girl is growing up.


And life is still moving forward.

Till next time :)

Comments

  1. I love seeing the photos and hearing about your life that you're creating there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your fabulous contribute after relocation. All of the images in your post are well decorated and nice. People are waiting for a stay this kind of place.

    Rio De Janeiro Real Estate

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the mismatched pillows!

    I think it's awesome that you decided to just start over instead of brining a bunch of stuff with you. What an awesome way to clean out and start over!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment