Spilling My Beans

Happy Thanksgiving!

I've decided that since its thanksgiving already here, and when its my tomorrow it will be Thanksgiving there, I'm going to celebrate it both days!

I haven't made any food. I'm lacking serious foodspiration these days. But I'm sure I'll whip something out. As soon as I can make it to a grocery store with a trunk :) its hard to carry that kind of stuff home. I'm craving pecan pie and cranberries specifically! Ooh mashed potatoes sound good...

My beloved Mac is broken. We are bringing it in. This is the reason I haven't been updating my blog. And it's hard to upload pictures from the iPad.

I have so many pictures for you. I think I will be doing a picture story as soon as I am up and running. Keep your fingers crossed that we don't have to buy a new laptop.

Narchville has been bustling with new life as we have little baby seedlings popping up. Watermelon, beans, peppers, roma tomatoes and lettuce.

(Bwahahaha did I get any of you with my wording on that one?)

Our patio furniture should be here Monday! I'm so excited to relax during this cool weather on 'The Terrace'. Especially with all the life bustling up here with my newfound green thumb. I'm close-ish to getting my hydroponic system up and running. I'm hoping growing food will help with my foodspiration.

This was a problem starting in Minnesota. I was so busy getting ready that I sort of just cooked veggie burgers and salads. Its hard to find inspiration here when the organic produce is less than inspiring and everything is imported and old. Once we have a car I'll be able to travel to the places where foodspiration is born.

Moving on.

Little Narch starts tap class today. She has been really interested in tap and modern dance as of late.

I thought she would be interested in ballet. She is interested in the costumes however, I can see the beat seeping through her soul. She is always popping a hip in the dressing rooms at H&M or checking out her bouncing curls in any reflective surface.

It's amazing. Anywhere we are.. She notices the music. 'Do you hear that? Mom? Do you hear it?'

I started showing her videos of different dance styles. She has really shown an interest in "the loud one". So tap it is. although I have a feeling she is going to move toward hip hip or modern. Anything that allows her to 'whip her hair back and forth'!

We went on the excursion of a lifetime to find tap shoes and when we did and she put them on... My heart skipped a beat.

My baby is a girl.

I've heard mothers speak of this. I've even witnessed my other 'GirlChild' morph through this stage and shared tears of joy with her mother of the glory and loss of the growing baby.

It really is an honor. Ushering our children through their stages of life!

I'm so thankful!


Comments

  1. Sitting here with the Girlchild, pretty much bawling. She doesnt understand but is pleased none the less that she is remembered and written of. I love you and miss you SO VERY MUCH.

    Mel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment