First Day April 2013

I didn't forget it was First day.... I just forgot my blog's role in it and so all these pictures are pieced together last minute from my ipod. I knew something was off today I just attributed it to Firas being in Saudi Arabia and April Fools Day. 

Joelle got a bed. We are hippie co-sleepers, always have been and we both like it that way. However, Joelle is starting to get a little older and I think it is important that she have the option. Co-Sleeping has really helped keep bedtime positive in Narchville. She didn't sleep there last night. Tonight I am going to spend the night with her to keep her confident. We are trying to keep this transition as positive and successful as possible. I dont believe in uncontrollable tears at bedtime :)



This is the Easter Carnage.

Some guilt reading to get me motivated to get back on track. I didnt fall that far off the bandwagon. Just a week or two sugar binge teehee. Lets just say my skin is throwing a tantrum.

Joelle's easter scooter.



Our new tables... pardon the mess.


We went for a late night swim.


And then we snuggles in.

Happy First day!

Link up your first day posts


Comments

  1. What an awesome first bed she has!!! Our kids have their own beds but more often than not one or more end up in bed with us too. I remind myself that they won't always be little and want to sleep with Mommy and Daddy. Gotta suck it up while we can :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just realized I posted the unedited first day post. oops. Fixed.
      I suppose I should clarify... She used to have her own crib and we used it for naps (unless I was napping with her). Lately she has been scolding me for selling her crib when we moved to Dubai. (She still remembers the lady who bought it for her granddaughter. But obviously we couldn't bring a bed with us.)
      And I love co sleeping. It works for some families and for others it isn't advisable. It helps my husband bond with her after a long day at work when he is exhausted and just wants to lay in our family bed and read a story or wrestle! You are right Heidi! We have to soak it up while she still wants something to do with us.

      Delete

Post a Comment