Pirate Narch - Gender Reveal

The day of our appointment was fun fun fun! It started off like any other day. Getting Firas off to work and keeping Joelle entertained. We got ready and we were off to find a cab to meet Firas at work! 


I gave in and let her bring that darned stroller and baby with because I wanted her to feel special. Don't be fooled by the picture, I carried the thing around most of the day! 



We got to Firas' work and rode with him to the American Hospital Dubai! The campus is really beautiful. I feel like I have to dress up to go there. So I straightened my hair! 

Here we are waiting our turn. I am fortunate that my daughter is incredibly patient. A virtue that I spend loads of time manifesting for my next child!




They didn't let us take pictures past this point. At the last minute Joelle decided she wanted a baby brother, which ended up being perfect. The technician's funny disposition and lack of vocabulary made for an interesting gender reveal. It went something like this...

Marlo "Those are the legs?"
Technician "Yes"
Marlo "I think I see something... Firas do you see it?...Am I seeing this right?"
Technician "Yes, I am just searching for da ballz... ahhh yes, der are da ballz."

It took me a second to realize how hilarious it was but I could not have asked for a better, more funny way to find out I was having a BOY! I was right! He IS a pirate! He even has treasure, the family jewels! 

My little Pirate is a feisty mover and shaker. It was hard to get a good picture. Not to mention I was almost 22 weeks instead of 20 and was told that we have a big baby on our hands. (Which surprises me as I haven't gained more than 3 pounds). 

So with a full heart I introduce our BOY Pirate! This little one makes our family trio a quad and my soul could not shine brighter.


Just as we took the previous photo he turned his back. 


His HUGE feet were constantly moving so I am surprised we got pictures of them. We counted and I think there are five toes, on each foot. According to the technician "They look human" and apparently that is what they are looking for. She was soo funny!


Being a skull aficionado this picture makes me happy! 


Firas had to go back to work. So we went back to the Oasis Center where his office is and instead of going home we had lunch and celebrated at Fun City! Joelle played in the play area and then we did some games and rides.



She took air hockey pretty serious. 




Then we took a trip to the dollar store for some fun stuff! The dollar store in Dubai is all Japanese stuff and it is SO AMAZING!


We did a little shopping for school stuff and then it was time for Baba to go home but not before he took her on the ride that pregnant mama's cannot go on. He was embarrassed that people from work would see him. No one did but I have a picture to ensure that they do :) 


These are the little outfits that I could NOT resist! I didn't even bother with newborn size. Joelle was 9 pounds and didn't fit in any of it anyways. Since she told me he is big, I will just go with my gut and stick with the 0-3 month sizes.

I think he may wear this one home from the hospital. It has a little bulldog on it and I remember Joelle looked like a bulldog when she was born. I guess this assumes that they will look alike.

Oh. You don't believe me. Here's my proof.



 Then I ran into this gem. I mean. We call him the Pirate.You ladies know that I HAD to.....



So that concludes our day. We are still trying to decide between two names. I was in love with one when Joelle was a baby, Firas liked another one. Now, we have switched sides and are struggling between the two. That being said, we both agree that each name is a GREAT name. 

Maybe we will just wait until this little being makes an appearance and looks like an Alladan or a Jack Sparrow. (If Joelle had her way it would be Franky Star. ) 

Haha. Just kidding. 

Comments