A Very Narchville Christmas

We had a fantastic Christmas.

Christmas Eve I got the house all organized and clean while Petra and Joelle swam. Then I made a delicious feast which we enjoyed on the cool balcony breeze and the Dubai night lights!

Falafel bake (sort of like stuffing made with a protein), mashed potatoes, red wine mushroom gravy and cucumber salad that matched perfectly and were simply divine.


If you are wondering the answer is no. We don't miss meat around here. We are seasoned vegetarians. I think it's been almost 8 years...


Little Narch opened a present in the evening and we all snuggled in on the couch (turned into a bed) and watched Planes. Which is an adorable movie. I have to admit, I think the Mayor and I were more interested than Little Narch.



With Little Narch off to bed we organized the tree for the magic to happen.



Then we all went off to bed. This First Lady is tired these days.

The next morning went off as Christmas should. Little Narch wasn't up too early and for that I was thankful.












Everyone was happy, grateful and on their best behavior proclaiming it to be

"The BEST Christmas EVER!"


I DO miss Christmas at home with my family and friends. But can I be honest?

It was just so stress free.....

No plans to keep. No place to be. No people to meet or disappoint if you couldn't.

Don't get me wrong. I facebook stalked all my loved ones looking for a peek at the snow and the cozy families.... And I still haven't had my fill.

I guess I just enjoyed what I have been blessed with.



Christmas Lunch was out and about. We ate the BEST hummus I have ever eaten. It was so amazing that I ordered a tub to take home and we ate it for dinner. Seriously. Never had anything like it. SOOO delicious! It had pickles in it and... hm. hm. hm.

And then we went home and took a VERY late nap!

Perfect day!



Merry Christmas everyone! I am far too disorganized to have matching pajamas photos for you this year (or any year for that matter). Hopefully I will get some professional photos once The Pirate arrives.

Comments

  1. I love keeping up with the family! You guys look great! Be blessed......

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment