What?! You're moving to Lebahooooo?

The reactions I get are anywhere from amazing through uneducated. They all make me feel a different way.

I am making a huge life change. If I was having a baby, getting a new job or moving to Edina to a new big house, the reaction would be a resounding

CONGRATULATIONS!

This is not always the case when telling people I am moving to Lebanon.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that not many people are that familiar with Lebanon. I couldn't point it out on a map until I met my Mom's friend who was Lebanese some 10 years ago ;)

Maybe it is because they are going to miss you. (Insert facebook plug here :)

Maybe it is because being brave and adventurous in THIS way. Isn't that common.

Maybe it is because Lebanon is in the Middle East... (bing bing bing bing).

I'd just like to say....(step up on soap box).... ahem.  The media doesn't want you to know all the wonderful things about the Middle East. War and turmoil get ratings. Happiness and pleasure hinder their power and control over your fear of everything 'Middle East'. Stop watching Fox. It's not REAL news. (step down from soap box)

Ok. So. I'll answer the burning question

No. I am not going to have to wear a hijab. -and- Yes. Women have rights.

No one would understand how ridiculous this sounded if they had ever:
1. been to Lebanon -or- 2. met my Mother or Sister-in-law.

Rant Over.

So WHY? am I moving to Lebanon.....

Well Aside from the Mediterranean Climate, the food, the culture and the breathtaking view?

Yes. That is me.

Taken while eating dinner.



THIS. is why...
My Other Family
I love every. single. one. (and this isn't even all of them)

Is that enough of a reason?













Comments

  1. Ok so how much time do I have to plan the REW going away party?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment