So Let's Talk About Dubai...

I am here.

I friggin LOVE this place.. Pardon my french.

We live in Jemeirah Lake Towers. Which in my opinion is THE place to live if you are going to live in the city. (Caveat: There is a lot of the city I haven't seen.) I really like our area.


Basically it is a huge circle of almost 100 towers that are broken into clusters of three big buildings. Each cluster has its own little community with almost everything you need and if it doesn't? It's not far. 


This is the only picture I can find of our building. The Mayor did an amazing job of thinking of everything for not just himself but us as well. 

There is a covered playground, a pool, gym, yoga room, great balcony with amazing view, grocery close, and a train station. 

I really didn't want two cars, Firas needs one for work as he may need to get from one location to another quickly.  There is a grocery store, internet cafe, hair salon, nail salon, gift shop, and several restaurants that all deliver within walking distance. If I need something else, the train is close and VERY connected. A trip is about 4 dirhams which is the same as riding a bus in rush hour ($2).

Traffic in Dubai is insane. But we live in the second cluster cluster so it is a quick way out to the Hiway and we miss traffic to and from work. Plus there is always the Dubai Metro :)

I dont feel like I am outside the US. 

Honestly. Everything that I can get in the US, I can get here.. For the most part. 

The only thing that I have noticed I may have to go without is certain food items. Half and Half for one.  

Food and seasons. LOL

So far I am loving the weather. It is hot during the day in the sun but you dont really feel the heat. I mean, even the bus stops are air conditioned!?

And the Free Beach! I'll take pictures next time we go. OMG! A short Taxi ride (15-20 Dirhams = 4-5 USD) totally amazing! AMAZING!

I didn't believe one lady when she told me that I wouldn't need weather appropriate clothing in D\\United Arab Emerites because of the air conditioning... But she was right.

You can wear whatever you want but if you are dressed skimpy, you will FREEZE and you will look like a hooker at the mall. Everyone, for the most part, dresses more modestly. I have not seen a single pair of the little shorts that EVERy teenager girl wears in the US. Not ONE! I love it! 

I dont like wearing shorts here, I prefer capris/jeans and always bring a shawl/scarf/sweater otherwise I freeze at the mall or grocery store. 

Ok. That is all for now. But I have a lot more to cover. 

We are happy, healthy and we have internet :) 


HAHA.. This was one of the first pics we took in Dubai out on the town... This was the day I learned my lesson about shorts and t-shirts :)  This is at Burj Khalife The tallest building.. for now!


Comments

  1. It is so gorgeous there! Just the city alone makes me want to move. I've always wanted to live in the city but Atlanta is SO not kid friendly. Now, if we had something like this I'd be packing our bags!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment